Gynecomastia is a common condition among men and boys, where the breasts swell and become unusually large. It’s more common for male newborns, during puberty, or as an older man. It can be psychologically difficult to cope with, often causing embarrassment and a lack of self-confidence. Male breast reduction surgery is a simple solution that offers several benefits, such as:
- A more masculine chest. Male breast reduction surgery removes unusual breast tissue. This allows the hidden pectoral muscles to come through, giving you a more flat, firm, and masculine chest.
- No more embarrassment. Without breasts, you’ll be able to take your shirt off in public and not feel uncomfortable or self-conscious. You can spend your summer with peace of mind knowing that a trip down the shore, or a day by the pool will no longer have a negative connotation.
- Better fitting clothes. Instead of buying slightly larger shirts, to disguise your breasts, you can buy more fitted shirts. With more appropriately fitted clothing, you can transform your whole look.
- Motivation to lose excess weight. By getting rid of your breasts, it can be motivating to lose any excess weight you may have. After surgery, many patients find the drive to lead a healthier lifestyle.
- Increased confidence. Most importantly, those who have male breast reduction surgery experience a boost in their confidence. You can lead a more confident lifestyle, without having to worry about unusually enlarged breasts.
Gynecomastia may not be a severe condition, however, it is emotionally trying. If you have gynecomastia, male breast reduction surgery is a simple solution. For more information, visit our page on Gynecomastia.